Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On The Road... Again...

I travel alot... and I mean alot... so much so that I'm gonna be in 3 different states and 2 different countries by Sunday night... The trips suck as I'm normally thrown in boiler room meetings which easily last more than 12 hours per stretch but they have become some what more tolerable ever since I got the eeepc...

Why??? Well for starters I'm normally in places which I can not even pronounce and the advent of wifi is something that will not grace their venues for at least the next 5 years... Take my accommodations for tonight for instance, its smack in the middle of no where for starters... everything was closed by the time I got out of my meeting... and there isn't even a tv in the whole motel... 

Thankfully, I have the eeepc and my htc trinity with me which allows me to surf the net via a hsdpa connection, watch videos which I have copied onto a portable hdd and keep in touch with friends and relatives...

I mean I could do all this with a regular sized laptop but consider this, the eeepc is way way lighter and has phenomenal battery life and it has flash memory instead of a usual hdd so it can withstand a fair bit of bumps...

The eeepc is alot smaller as well and does not attract as much attention from the locals too... The eeepc has definitely made travelling out of town much much better...

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: