Monday, December 10, 2007

A Breath Of Fresh Air...

Its so nice to be running windows xp service pack 2 on the eeepc (please note the installation was a full install and trimmed down as per the steps outlined in the asus eeepc manual and not a shrunken install of xp by using nlite) as it is a familiar os and it allows me to sync my d810 with it...

As storage space is a premium on the eeepc (only 1.2 gb left after the xp install), I had to limit myself to a few essential programs (thats until I get my hands on a 8gb class 6 sdhc card =P) namely;

  1. Windows Live Messenger (Self explanatory - webcam and mic work beautifully);
  2. Internet Explorer 7 (Self explanatory - once you have used ie7 its so hard to go back to the previous versions);
  3. Avast Anti Virus (Everyone needs an antivirus suite right???);
  4. Windows Live Writer (To create the post you are reading now);
  5. ActiveSync 4.5 (To sync my d810 with outlook and to allow ics between the d810 and the eeepc);
  6. Outlook 2002; (Mail, calendar and contacts management) and
  7. Open Office 2.3.1 (For work)
After installing the above programs, I am left with 906mb of free space... Still a fair bit of space but, I guess I will hold off installing anything else for now (maybe some video codecs so I can watch some anime but thats about it for the time being)...

What are you guys running on your eeepc's??? Care to share???


Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: